Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  www.phr.com.phwww.phr.com.ph  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  

what your fave author will reveal?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
romzz
Junior
Junior
romzz

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-05-09

what your fave author will reveal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 pm

I love Gilda Olvidado so feeling ko alam nyo na kung saan naglalaro ang edad ko. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rambof071
rambof071

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 am

I think movie is based on story and it's author who has written the story. Most of success is depend upon storyline. and in the film industry there is so many experience and best movie author who know very well hoe to get success.
Back to top Go down
avi_bongco
Junior
Junior
avi_bongco

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Oo naman, kanya-kanyang preference hehe. And of course, the generation you're in would somehow influence your taste to a colorable extent. Talagang meron at meron yan shempre.

Lately ko lang nalaman si KC Cordero, lalaki pala and Helen Meriz (sumalangit nawa) had been writing (komiks era) since the 70s. Wow lang.

Re: visibility sa scene, totoo. Although their works are still around, mga luma na at collection ng mga fans na lang instead of sa book stores. You could read their old books online though. Smile
Back to top Go down
VI-white
Junior
Junior
VI-white

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Battle of Intellects.

It will reveal your age and taste (preference). Both of you are correct.

Most of my fave authors are no longer connected with PHR. WHEn their books were published, I was the puppy-eyed little girl who want to read it until my eyes burn. Its my version of burning the midnight oil. Publication date is correlated with age. If you happen to read it at the date of publication.

TASTE

There are authors who are not active anymore in the writing novels. But if the younger generation happen to read their works, they might like them. It depends on their preference. Everybody happens to like HM (top author), right? Initials lang po - I don't want to say something bad about her. But I can't find it in my heart to to like her works.

Thanks for your reply @avi and @vintageromantic.

Back to top Go down
avi_bongco
Junior
Junior
avi_bongco

PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes, it would,up to a point hehe dated kase yung stuff na gusto mo, just like revealing your musical tastes would show your age, but not entirely. Kase we could love The beatles and classical music but it doesn't mean agad na ka batch naten si Chopin or si Debussy diba? taste lang talaga if you learn to cultivate it and not just pick up whatever's current or popular.

For me, eh grade two pa lang ako nagbabasa na ako nito (kaloka diba) yung kapitbahay ko'ng highschool age has tons and that's where I picked up this habit that I have to hide from the parents pa. naku pag nahuhulihan ako ng mga ganito, haha those were the days.

Which is why I know and like people like Helen Meriz, Gilda Olvidado, Maia Jose, Edgar Reyes, KC Cordero, Zoila kahit di mo naman masasabing generation ko sila. Mind you, they're the sort of writers who could actually write for film, and some of their more popular works had actually been made into movies/adapted in tv shows. Eh Helen Meriz had been around for over two decades na ata diba, If I'm not mistaken. Yung mga kasabay ko'ng nagbabasa sa kanila, mga nanay na in their 30s na noon and I was just 8 or 9 years old (and I still remember not 'getting' the love scenes). Imagine! Smile

Kaso, yung sensibilities and pop culture ngayon has shifted so the kind of writing that sold then may not be as popular ngayon, in this KPop and reality show infested generation. People's idea of a dream guy actually consisted of fine, straight (overly colored)hair and floral shirts! jusmisyu
Back to top Go down
vintageromantic
Junior
Junior
vintageromantic

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:31 pm

@avi: some authors from before are not active na now eh. So in a way, if you happen to like them, well doesn't that say something about how old you are since nakakuha ka pa ng libro na un? hmm, but yeah naisip ko rin ang 'taste issue' but then, yun nga availability din. yung Rose Tan na nabasa ko na bago, hindi napantayan yung Rose Tan ko na luma. (if that has anything to do with the topic lololol)
Back to top Go down
avi_bongco
Junior
Junior
avi_bongco

PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:35 pm

It doesn't have anything to do with your age, rather, taste! If the current crop of readers would try and read Rose Tan, I'm sure magugustahan din nila iyon! Smile It's kind of like watching a JLC-Sarah Geronimo movie.

My favorite author will reveal na ako ay isang realist pero sucker for happy endings and funny heroes and quirky heroines
Back to top Go down
vintageromantic
Junior
Junior
vintageromantic

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Hahaha yes, this is true, I think. If you look at the current roster of PHR writers, ibang iba na kesa dun sa noong ga 10/11 years old pa lang ako, when i first started reading PHR. Mapaghahalataan ka talaga depende sa mga paborito mong author, at lalo na nobela Smile)
Back to top Go down
VI-white
Junior
Junior
VI-white

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:04 pm

.......... it will reveal your age (excluding reprints)

by the time these series were published, you devour each book into pieces.
Using "backward counting" when these series were released, one can guess your approx. age range.

my fave authors are Hilda Amor's Summer Princess, Scars by Antoinette, Amanda's CAntabria, Jorina Reyes' St Bernadette SEries, Patt valentino's Lorenzo Empire, Man of My Dreams by Cora CLemente, Maureen Apilado's Alabok sa Alapaap, Senorita's by Rose Tan, CAssanova by CArissa Nobleza and Kristine and Sweetheart series by Martha Cecilia.

GOsh! getting older c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what your fave author will reveal?   what your fave author will reveal? Empty

Back to top Go down

what your fave author will reveal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BULLETIN BOARD :: General Discussion-
Jump to: